Book Title:13 billion to one
Author: Randall Rush
My Rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ / 5 ⭐
What would you do if you win a $50 million in a lottery? This book shows with that kind of winning, a hefty price would come along with it! Randall Rush won $50 million in a lottery! With careful consideration of the previous lottery winner’s curse fate, he decided not to get into that lottery curse loop. But still, fate found him and what happened next is the remaining story! The narration of the book is perfect. It captures each and every emotion of Randy Rush clearly and so it engages the reader. From the moment he won the lottery, his roller-coaster mood and the adrenal rush somehow caught us, and we could even feel the anger in every bad turn! Inclusion of his childhood stories, his sufferings before the win, everything makes this book a good complete biography. In the middle chapters, the story got stretched with repeated betrayal stories of Crawford ‘s cheating, and emotions around with it. other than that I found this one as a decent read. This book again proved money alone can’t buy happiness and peace! Go for it!
Thoughts while read :
This part has some subtle spoilers
- I was awe about the generous heart of Rush in the initial chapters! He is seriously a good big-hearted man!
- The mention of the bank took a $14 wire transfer fee even for $50 million deposit made me rolled my eyes out! Seriously the corporate banks 🤦🏻♀️!
- And when he was betrayed by Jeremy, my blood boils for the injustice and the cunningness of the people whom he trusted and offered generously! I too wanted for them to get punished in every possible way.
- And the way he determined to make the culprits pay for their bad deeds is great and appreciatable! And the mention of not everyone could afford to fight for that kind of white-collar crime is a bitter truth to digest!
- I don’t like the way he portrayed his biological dad as a great one, but then I realized for everyone their dad is a hero whoever it is!
- The betrayal of his own friends and the continuous nagging of people for money including his close friends to unknown persons, the point where he had a dispute with his own mother because of money, the price, tag along with that kind of money is a shocking truth! And thanks to pen down it without hesitation!
- And finally, his work toward the kid’s education in Africa and the way he is fighting against white-collar crime both are deserving of a standing ovation! Hats off Mr. Rush! I wish his dream of building a good university for poor kids become true!
Favorite quote from the book:
“To whom much is given, much is expected”
“If something could go wrong it would go wrong”
I received this free ARC from #NetGalley and the publisher, and this review is straight from my heart!! HONEST AND UNBIASED.
non-Wordpress readers, if you want to like the post please give your rating below. Thanks in advance.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
Don’t forget to share. The sharing icons are below.