Book Title: Up Close and Personal
Author: Kathryn Freeman
Publishing Date: 12 June 2020
Sizzling chemistry, a page-turning will they/won’t they romance between a hot actor Zac & his bodyguard Kat.
This is such a beautiful romance with the stereotype breaking of gender-reversed roles! Very simple lenient story with believable twists in emotions! Very few characters and the story mostly revolves around the two main characters and their emotions alone! Which made it easy to read at the same time felt like an overdose of emotions.The narration is not too fast nor too slow! The initial chapters were rapid and the sparkling chemistry between the characters was so good, I thought it’s gonna be one of that great romance book, but Somehow through the middle of the book, I stopped enjoying it! It may be because of the emotional baggage of the characters in the middle of the hot witty romance. In the end, I didn’t love the story but I didn’t hate it either ! if you are into emotion-filled romance stories, you would love it for sure!
Thoughts while reading :
- First the characters! Wow! I love both Zac and Kat! I love the way Kat has been defined as a strong mouthy Tomboy woman and Zac as an elegant neat actor! I couldn’t say enough about them at all!
- The emotional baggage carried by both the characters somehow make the story raw but degrades the romance side so much! So I couldn’t decide whether I love them or hate them!
- While the story is twirling around with the romance and emotions between them, the question of who is behind the Stalking problems buzzing in the back of our head and which leads us to turn the pages! In that way, the story definitely balanced well with romance and suspense!!
- Through the middle, I felt like reading the same emotions of the pulling and pushing game of the couples repeatedly!
- I was thankful and appreciate the way the visit to Kat’s parents described with mere lines without another emotional episode!
- I love the way the emotions handled in the story! Too raw and so too believable and natural! But at the same time, I think I am not a fan of too many sad emotions in a lovely romance story and so I definitely not quite enjoy it!
- But for people who love or believe that romance would cure sorrow, would help recover from their insecurities, it would be a perfect romance with a fragment of suspense to enjoy!
Have you read any books where the traditional men, women roles reversed hence break the stereotype? Share such books in comments, I would love to check on them!
Thanks to #netgalley and the publisher#harpercollinsuk #Onemorechapter for this ARC. This review is straight from my heart, not biased in any way.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
non-Wordpress readers, if you want to like the post please give your rating below. Thanks in advance.