Book Title: The Beauty of Broken Things
Author: Victoria Connelly
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Publishing Date: 06 June 2020
After the tragic loss of his wife, Helen, Luke Hansard is desperate to keep her memory alive. In an effort to stay close to her, he reaches out to an online friend Helen often mentioned: a reclusive photographer with a curious interest in beautiful but broken objects. will these two broken souls be able to heal?
After reading fellow book blogger’s reviews on this book I had very high expectations for it. Let’s say its worth every hype! I love this book! The plot is a simple, tragic yet uplifting linear story. The characters are deep and felt connected with the reader. The narration is lucid,slow-paced, and emotional! often times I cried at the mourning lines !! I can’t decide is it fully because of the narration or me being very emotional! But the words definitely had a strong impact on me ! Especially the grief caught me so much than the fear and anxiety of other character! The brilliant story of two broken hearts get solace on one another and find a beautiful way to mend. Though I felt very sad in the initial chapters, it shows the way to come out of it in the end! Such a heartwarming, compelling story! There is no romance at least not in a contemporary way but we could feel the moving love throughout the story! Emotionally engaged, a deep story that I enjoyed so much!
Thoughts while reading :
- The narration is one of the great things in this story! The way the beauty of photography pictures described in the beginning is lovely. I won’t get surprised if someone pickup photography after reading this book! I fell in love with those beautiful pictures descriptions!
- Often times I felt a lump in my throat or tears in my eyes when I read about Luke’s grief! Somehow the story made me emotionally engaged and so the words are powerful enough to make me cry!
- The dog character!!! It made me yearn to have one! The way it’s part represented in the entire story, is awesome! Very subtle but definitely made the dog owners related a lot!
- The land and village description are also blissful! It made me imagine how it would be to live in a castle with a sea outside your doorsteps and a warm beautiful village surrounded by it! Oh !! I wish I could visit this place!
- The climax breaking episode is remarkable! I seriously consider doing this in the near future!
- After finished the story, I felt quite calm and happy which I think the very sole purpose of the story! The beauty of broken things, make us realize the beauty of our broken life!
Thanks to #netgalley and the publisher#amazonpublishinguk for this ARC. This review is straight from my heart, not biased in any way.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
non-Wordpress readers, if you want to like the post please give your rating below. Thanks in advance.