Book Title: 10 Things I hate about Pinky
Author: Sandhya Menon
Published Date: 21 July 2020
No. of Pages: 368
The follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s Something about Sweetie follows Pinky and Samir as they pretend to date—with disastrous and hilarious results.
Wow, another beautiful romance from Sandhya Menon!! This is the third book in the series and I love all the three. The storyline is simple, usual teenage romance ups and downs but the narration was very peppy, humorous, and engaging. The female lead was awesome !! Pinky was all anyone could ask for a female lead. Lucid storytelling made the story very interesting even though we could predict a lot of things. I love the way it’s traveled from hate to love relationship believably!!!Though in the middle it felt overdramatic, I still love it ! if you are a fan of sandhya menon, this book would be everything you expect from her! I would highly suggest it for a light heartfelt romance!
Thoughts while reading:
- In Sandhya Menon’s book, my most favorite part would be the female lead. They would be feminist.would have very unique yet fierce passion and would love to work on that passion! I simply love it! more books need such positive characters.
- Now, the pulling and pushing ,hate to love romance had very logical feelings/emotions it made us believed into that!! not some usual cliche but the very deep emotional story!.
- The setting of the story was so beautiful !the island seems very authentic, and of course the best place for a romantic story.
- Pinki’s cousin Dolly and her parents seemed like extra fillers for the story not making any impact.
- Regarding the Butterfly habitat rescue, Its unbelievable that a high school student found a loophole in the very last minute and saved the entire thing!!.
- I mentioned in my previous Sandhya Menon’s book reviews, the bitter part between mom and daughter is a staple in all of her stories!! it’s the same here! I hate it, I don’t like to read it anymore! the controversy between Pinky and her mom is kind of off-putting! it’s the same as sweetie and her mom in “There is something about sweetie”.
- Overall I enjoyed this book so much though it’s a young adult romance!! I always enjoyed Sandhya Menon’s books! Her books always portrayed very mature thoughts and deep emotions, this is also one of them! highly recommend it!.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
non-Wordpress readers, if you want to like the post please give your rating below. Thanks in advance.