Book Title: Guest List
Author: Lucy Foley
My Rating : ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ /5 ⭐
Wow!what a great read! I like this mystery thriller where the plot is super engaging and hooked us up from the very start. The story was narrated by a bunch of character’s points of view. It reminds me of the book ” Big Little Lies ” and one of the “Agatha Christie ” novels (which I forgot the name). As they narrated the events from their perspective we couldn’t stop imagining the other character’s take on it .which speaks about the author’s brilliance way of capturing the reader. All the knots are slowly untied and we could kind of guessed one or two things but otherwise nearly up to the end, we couldn’t predict anything solid to spoil the thrill. I like it though it’s a thriller it doesn’t have any disgusting scenes. But it doesn’t fail to make us feel something bad going to happen. For Mystery lovers I highly recommend it. You can’t put it down without finish it.
Thoughts while reading
- If you hate to read any disgusting psychotic scenes but love thrillers otherwise this is the book for you. I appreciate the way it didn’t include anything we regret to read about.
- Though the heroine is portrayed as kind of bitchy, bossy control freak the background of her made me admire her. And so I feel pity about her at the end.
- The superstitions like the sight of the unlucky bird, the way the rose petals were blown away by the wind were creepy.
- Nearly at the end of the story, I could guess the connection between the wedding planner and the hero, though not before that, for the author’s credit.
- And I wish by the end they could give some conclusion to Hannah, Charlie’s relationship status. I feel disappointed that they didn’t have any closure ( either good or bad ).
- Somehow all the people affected by the villain gathered at one place is believable and couldn’t get away with the feeling of its nature’s way of getting revenge for all his sins.
Disclaimer: I receive this book #guestlist from #NetGalley for an honest review, everything I said here is straight from my heart and not biased in any way.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
Non- WordPress readers if you want to like this post please give your rating below. Thanks in advance.
Don’t forget to share.The sharing icons are below.